25 March 2010

As promised...

Meet class 4-8.
They are unlike any class I've had here.
They are hyper active.
They are high maintenance.
They are high energy.
They are enthusiastic, vibrant little rascals,
and they are really really really into...

Kelly Teacher.


We're on Lesson 2 this week: Don't Do That!
Every lesson has a song, and 4-8 had me heaving in laughter. I've never seen a group of kids so stoked about some lame song.
(I also love how my co-teacher wrote "Don't Do That?" on the board)

Oh no, don't do that! Oh no, don't do that! Oh no, don't do that! It's not OK, don't do that! Don't run, don't run, don't run in the classroom. Don't jump, don't jump, don't jump in the classroom. Oh no, don't do that! Oh no, don't do that! Oh no, don't do that! It's not OK, don't do that!

Okay, last story.

4-8 has, in my opinion, the most high maintenance student in the school. He was one of my 3rd graders last semester and I about killed him. This time around, I chose to goof off back rather then seethe in anger... and oddly enough, it's working.

Well, I thought it was. I thought I was doing something that made him calm down and listen. Until three weeks ago, when I realized that what's working is the little lady who sits next to him.

EVERY week, this happens.
EVERY week, it cracks me up.
THIS week, I filmed it for you.

Maybe you have to be here to see it: she next to Mr. High Maintenance and for forty looong minutes, makes sure his face is glued to the desk. She uses all methods. Hitting, smacking, smothering (she literally stands up and covers him), and gentle patting. Then she'll catch me looking at her, laughing, at which point she (1) gives that adorable, innocent smile (2) starts patting his head with her right hand and (3) rests her chin in her left hand. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. She's so consistent, I love it.

Incredible.
I don't know what kind of super power she has..... but I want it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is one scary little girl. Smiles while smooshing a guys face into a desk. I think I like her.

    ReplyDelete